Sunday, March 1, 2009

Chaos to Calmness

As we wait on info and answers I find my mind filled with chaos. There is excitement, and anxiety. I can't keep my mind on anything. I want this new adventure and I wait for news. I get frustrated and discouraged. I feel like I'm not in control. Everyone else makes decisions for us and we are once again at the mercy of having other people decide for us.

But then

I turn my thoughts to God. I'm peaceful, calm and feel like things are in control. I'm reminded that He is in control. It doesn't matter the circumstances, He can make a way and has a perfect plan.

This is just for a moment

Because I feel like I want to be in control again. I feel like I could cry and have no control. I want to prove our family is ready.

But

I don't cry. Instead I look at where He has taken us. I feel like dancing and praising Him. Wow--I'm filled with joy at how awesome He is. He hasn't missed a single detail and has a perfect path for our lives.

But my mind returns to wanting me in control and filled with chaos and anxiety. And the cycle starts all over.

I don't think it was coincidence that a bible verse I heard this week was Isaiah 26:3..."You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you." When I heard that I could just picture all the calmness and peaceful bliss that life could look like knowing my thoughts can STAY on HIM. I don't have to take on the job of worrying and making decisions........................He's got it all covered. We may not have it all together, but IF it's His Will............... He can make a way. isn't He GOOD!!!

No comments: