Sunday, March 15, 2009

Because blogging is cheaper than therapy!!

A couple weeks ago on a friday we had some (welcomed) but unexpected house guests, 2 dogs, for the weekend. Dawn called in the morning and dropped them off before work. So later on in the day I emailed Paul-----We've added 2 to our family..........Then when he opened up the email it said.........2 dogs, just relax

Well........to find the humor in that email you have to know what was going on in our lives. We were eagerly waiting for a phone call.....................See the prior week we had gotten a picture of some waiting kids in Haiit. It was a sibling group of 2, and actually our hearts went out to them and we expressed interest in them. For many different reasons..........I love the idea of a full house and the kids' ages were all close to our kids. I can only relate it to what a surprise pregnancy would be like---we weren't pursueing anything, but it was exciting...........it's crossed our mind to have 1 vs. 2 from a different culture, so it seemed like a "surprise" and not something we'd have to plan and pursue for years and years............. So when the idea of adding 2 more came up...............I let my heart think about it...................I let my mind dream and wonder.......................I thought about how fun---yes, crazy----but how fun it would be to have a big family. I think our kids would be great and it wouldn't take long for kids to feel part of our family............I loved it that it would be 5 kids yet close in age and yet mixed matched................I let myself get a little excited and imagine life.........................

Well I don't have to tell you the results.....................you can guess. Even though I totally know God has a plan for these 2 kids...................I secretly wish we were in it. Truthfully I"m brokenhearted.....................I know God's ways are best and He could have made it happen if it were meant to be...........I don't have to be mad that we weren't picked, or wonder why we didn't look good on paper to someone choosing..............but it is still a part of human nature to have desires.................so once again we turn to God.....................

As I was thinking about all this, I came across this video. (this is from another blog friend) Do you ever get choked up about God?....I've heard this before, but as I was listening to it and it was close to the end...........it made me think about how awesome He is............that's MY KING!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upGCMl_b0n4

1 comment:

Lamplighter said...

I love the photo of Aiden's hand in yours. Beautiful. I just found your blog b/c I noticed Kristen T. was following it. I'll be following it now, too.
our family is different than yours will be, but i can tell you that you adjust to having achild of a different race. the kids adjusted faster than we did - we are not blind to the looks we get, but we don't notice them as much anymore b/c we just aren't thinking about it. keep blogging - i think it's great. wish i'd done it during our adoption journey. probably see you tomorrow. Angie (nelson)