Thursday, January 21, 2010

Nightly news

9:00....adoptive parents madly rush to concord G so we can be waiting
9:15......all sorts of media crews are trying to get 'the latest'
10:00.......still exchanging stories and meeting everyone
10:45ish...........learn that plane leaves PAP
76...............number of people that gives us funny looks cuz there is this big group just hanging out
11:00.........media camera's have left and gone to bed
11:30.........airlines brought dunkin donauts and coffee
11:45.........counter staff all gone
12:00 midnight..........found the asian rug gallery
12:00............running out of things to talk about
12:30am............cleaning staff are all gone
12:52............KIDS LANDED ON THE GROUND
1:30........took our 24th picture of us sitting around........doing nothing
1:47................start walking around outside
2:12..........realize gift shop is closed
3:00................realize subway is open
3:10................was told about 10 of 80 kids are 'processed' with fingerprints
3:09..................subway was awesome..............might need a second trip
3:12..............Crystal has the hiccups
3:15.............regretting trips to subway
3:16....................we're going to watch some hulu on the computer.
3:17.................just got an email............who is sending emails at this hour???

Okay..........we're having lots of fun............it's all part of the story...................can't wait to meet the kids :)







8 comments:

Amy S said...

I can feel your excitement!! Can't stop thinking of you guys and praying! Hopefully by now your children are in your arms and you're having a beautiful time being reunited! Can't wait to hear the rest of the story!

celia said...

Oh you cheaters--now you're even sharing blog entries!!
Praying for all of you and hoping right now you're fast asleep right next to your kids!

DeLynn Unema said...

I am so excited for you!!! I also cannot wait to hear 'the rest of the story'. :) I just got home from my night shift and I'm going to bed... I sure hope there is more news when I get up!! I hope you are hugging those kids right now!!

Kelli TenHaken said...

Wow- Long night, but hopefully by now you have your babies. Can't wait to hear more and see pictures!

Adam said...

We saw you at teh airport on WOODTV8 at 11 pm. They said the plane was just touching down. It was interesting....they had a nice shot of Paul throwing something away...closeup on his hand as it aproached the trash receptacle. It looked sticky. Glad that was taken care of. :)

We are all praying for you. I hope you are holding them both right now!

Deb said...

THANKS for this post! I'm a fellow Calvary member, Kathy Baas' cousin, and BCS employee so I've been itching to get info on the latest. So happy for all of you! Deb Gritter

Adam said...

in a a round about way we just heard that YOU GOT THEM BOTH IN YOUR ARMS!!!!! WOOHOO!!!! Praise God.

Dale and Ruthanne said...

Oh my goodness! I just got an email from Dale with your picture! It literally brought tears to my eyes and I keep going back to look at it. It is so precious! I cannot wait to meet your new family! Lots of love and prayers!