Thursday, January 14, 2010

funny saying of the day

The kids are in bed, things are done...........now it's time for me to catch up and see what's going on!! I was out and about all day, then once we were home after school I was trying to catch up on what was going on in the news. In the meantime Alyssa was playing vet or doctor and then she asked me to play with her. So this is how it went....her pretend play in her pretend dr. voice....
Alyssa: So how are you doing today?
Me: Fine
Alyssa: Just here for a little check up?
Me: yup, no problems
Alyssa: Are you having a problem with "computer hogging"? I know of other mommies who are having that problem today.
Me: I burst out laughing..........what kind of problem is that?
Alyssa: oh, you know........hogging the computer so kids can't play games. I just know of one mom who lives around here that has that problem
Me: I'm rolling of laughter as she is seriously pretending yet......so it ends in a tickling session!!!!

Gotta love it.......

So....here is some latest:
We were able to be on the news!! Yea...........or not so yea...... :)
I'm all about bringing awareness to things. Awareness to God.........kids..........adoption.........Haiti.........poverty...........God's littlest Angels..........Bethany Christian Services....our love for our kids...........our hope for them........
I think way more was edited and cut, but hey---what can you say. It was kind of a last minute thing. They had called earlier in the day, but I wasn't quite sure what angle they were looking for. I wasn't sure if it was a video of desperation and despair and having your heart ripped open because the adoption process and paperwork may be lost in rubble............and I really wasn't going to go there. He kept asking---"what is next for adoption?" so i just really directed him back to Bethany so he could maybe get that answered. Then at about 5:50 we get a call if they can come out. At that point I actually told them no--we were going to wednesday night church stuff and we were having a prayer meeting at church so we wanted to go. They ask if they can show up at church. So of course I wanted to get "approval" first. So, we were dealing with that, trying to eat supper, and leave the house at 6:10..............kind of crazy............but long in short, we had our prayer service for our brothers and sisters in Haiti and then as we waited for kids to finish with their activities we sat down with WZZM.



Other news that is on the GLA web sight is :

14 January 2010

Our lawyer was able to get through to us today. She says all of the government buildings downtown were damaged or destroyed! She reported that Judge Rock CADET was killed in a building collapse.

I have asked our lawyer to petition IBESR and the government of Hait to allow all children in the adoption process to be allowed to join their adoptive families. We are all going to need beds for orphans who have lost their family in this disaster! I need all of my families to contact their adoption agencies and government officials to allow these children to leave Haiti without a Haitian passport on Humanitarian or Refuge visas! I KNOW the USA government can issue emergency passports for situtations like this because they did it for me during a crisis in Haiti from a poison in a children's fever medicine and children were dying. We sent 11 children out of Haiti during that time and most did not have a Haitian issued passport. Please find out if your government has such a system in place!

Some of your dossiers are thankfully with us in our office. Others are wtih other government sections and we do not know if they are intact or not. I do know that the National Palace, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Finance, DJI building which is part of the legalization department, National Cathedral is gone. I do not know about Immigration or IBESR!

I do not know if this is possible but let us explore the possibility of getting the children out so that we can take in more orphans.

I guess I end today feeling hopeful that there might be a chance. A chance to proceed with our adoption, a chance to not be filled with despair, a chance that they will join us and we will get to be a family. Please pray for that chance..

"He who dwells in the secret lace of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty (wholse power no foe can withstand). I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I (confidently) trust! Psalm 91:1-2

No comments: