Friday, January 15, 2010

Never Let Go.....

I just absolutely couldn't sleep last night. I tossed and turned all night long. My mind would go between all the highs and lows. I thought about the bed that's been empty for so long in the boys' bedroom.........wondering if it will stay empty. I thought about the hope of what getting a visa means (last post)......the excitement of being united. I still envision us as a family.........and yet wondering when that will ever happen. I didn't really know when it was said that international adoption can be unpredictable..........I didn't really take into account that we'd have to endure major hurricanes and earthquakes...........I missed that warning. Good thing.....I probably would have been scared off. I think about how we'd be feeling had our paperwork been about 2 weeks faster and Aidan was home.............but then again I don't know if I could have dealt with such joy and transition and yet such despair for Samar. It IS all in God's timing......
Even though there are the immediate US thoughts................I just am broken for the country of Haiti. I don't even know where to start with that thought. I've seen things that I didn't think could get worse...........and they are. I've been touched by Haitians............and so badly want to help them now. If we just make it all go away....
somehow in every thought process I found myself singing......"oh Lord you never let go, every high and every low. Oh Lord you never let go...you never let go of me."




I'm just so thankful we serve a God who will carry us through EVERYTHING!! He won't let my thoughts wonder too far from him........He's ALWAYS there. My thoughts are stopped so that I can praise Him. Did you see the part of the video that there is this tiny earth in God's hands.......how powerful!!

3 comments:

Amy S said...

Beautiful video/song...and POWERFUL reminder that God will NEVER let us go. He will not let YOU go, he will not let Aiden or Samar go, either. He's got us all in all in His Almighty hands. Praying for peace for you guys through this extremely difficult time of waiting and unknowns and heartbreak of not being able to hug and comfort your children. May you rest knowing that God will comfort them. And He will comfort you, too. Praying that God opens doors so that both adoptions can be completed even sooner than expected. Praying that God makes something beautiful out of all this pain. "I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on. There will be an end to these troubles, but until that day comes. Still I will praise You. Still I will praise You!"

Kelli TenHaken said...

I don't know what else to say besides we are praying for you guys!! May God give you powerful peace during this waiting period.

Hugs, Kelli

Jill Wilkins said...

Just saw you on CNN! Nice work, thank you SO much for this... we need to get the news out there.

http://wilkinsadoption.blogspot.com/