Monday, January 4, 2010

God as a GPS


The kids are back in school........I'm catching up on tasks..............Bella is sooo sad that the kids are back in school after 2 GREAT weeks...............I'm secretly loving to be back into a routine............and as I'm doing stuff I'm thinking about the New Years. Wondering what this year will have in store for us. I LOVE the analogy our pastor at church talked about--God is our GPS. Our pastor talked about the cloud leading the Israelites...............but my mind wondered about other aspects of the analogy. ..........Our final destination is Living for Jesus and only God knows the path that He will have us venture on. Just every part of the analogy is fascinating to think about. You know how you can make a different turn and it reconfigures your destination..................I guess it's kind of like life. God might prompt you in some way, but you choose not to listen.............but God continues to be in life and He will find a next route to lead you to Him. He wants YOU. He will find a way to get you back to Him. Sometimes we think we know what is best and follow that path.............but God is always there to help us get back on track. I just love that visual.

I think about our past year. Last January I had no idea what was in store for us. My guess was that Aidan would be home mid-year and our life would revolve around that adjustment. Boy---i had that one wrong. BUT.....God did lead us on an amazing venture. i think we had major life altering circumstances this past year, both of which weren't on our radar............but they were on God's radar. We moved...........and we added another child to our family. I could just tell you that it was thrilling and exciting.................but that wasn't always the case. It was scary. We felt alone.....we were desperate to know what God was doing things in our life. We hurt at times. There was hardship and stress with relationships. We needed Him to get us through it. We had to trust that he had a plan and now as we stand looking back at the end of the year...................it's easy to see that each turn was taken because there was a final destination...............and it WAS good. and it is perfect........but it wasn't always easy.

Now as we look forward to 2010............i bet you can guess what I'm thinking our year will be like! I'm thinking THIS is going to be the year that Aidan joins us. !! (If not......I have no idea what to expect!!) And I'm thinking that we will have lots of adjustments to go through................and we'll need to trust God on which path to go down. And I know God has a perfect path............I just hope we can listen to Him when He's giving us direction.

Well....Happy New Year..........and may God be your GPS!!!!

No comments: