Wednesday, January 13, 2010

God help us......

i thought i'd sit down with my cup of tea once the kids were dropped off and see if I could find out what was going on in haiti. i did a couple quick replies to emails saying that kids were okay...... read about GLA ....click here for details.......still telling myself things are okay. I'm telling myself that there might be more delays because of this.......but God's got it under control.

But then it hits me.......not my mind......but my heart. We have kids there.......a son...a daughter.......a brother and sister......a brother who is suppose to be home soon and Austin is patiently waiting for him. This ISN'T okay. This CANNOT be happening. This is DEVASTATING.........to outsiders it's 'just an adoption'. To us.....it's our children. We've bonded with them. We've met Aidan. We see his personality in every picture that is sent to us. He has this smile that appears like he's being silly....but we've seen that same smile while spending time with him and it wasn't a silly smile, it was a frustrated, angry, crinkled up face with a grin. we imagine every part of him with us at times. We imagine what's going on behind the pictures. And Samar......she's old enough to have fears.....she needs a mom to comfort her....... GLA may be standing.......but what does this mean for adoption processes? All I need to hear is Gov't buildings collapsed and I can't bear the thought of how adoptions will be affected....Please PRAY that God will show His power and this can benefit the children rather than hurt them................this is a desperate situation for Haiti...........for us--I feel desperate at times not knowing how to process this all..........God help us...

Help the country of Haiti. I pray that government can turn to God, so that God can help in building the country. I pray that God will protect his people from evil and darkness in this time. I pray for unity. i pray for safety. I pray that generosity will flow in to help. I pray for those who are working and being God's light that they may not loose the hope. I pray for awareness for the desperations. I pray for the many unknowns with adoption......for birth families and parents.........and those who will be orphaned because of this.....pray...pray.....

Haiti and GLA need HELP NOW!!!!
While God’s Littlest Angels has been spared the worst of the physical devastation, many other people in Haiti are not so fortunate. GLA is still in need of water, fuel, food and materials to make repairs, and the staff is also very concerned about the logistics and continued ability to support their operating requirements. They also anticipate a great need to reach out to the community and help those around them by giving them food, supplies, building materials - and even being ready to take in babies who are in need of medical attention.

GLA is in the unique position to help. Right now. Given they have registered nurses, medical supplies, a generator and links to the outside world, they can have an immediate impact in Haiti and aid those in need. However, there is great responsibility with these actions and also the need for funds to support them.

GLA is launching what they are calling the 1000 x 1000 campaign (1000 people who get 10 friends to donate $100… we can all make a big difference together.) This is a way I can make a difference. Would you help?

If you are willing to give $100, it will go a long way in helping GLA meet its goal.
Your money:

· Will allow them to care for the children (my children)
· Will help treat those in need in the community
· Will help GLA take in children who need urgent care.
· Is also TAX DEDUCTIBLE

Please DONATE TODAY: Earthquake PayPal Fund

This is not a time to be shy or remain anonymous. Share with others and help get the word out!

Also...Dixie from GLA was on the today show...click.here to see.

1 comment:

Amy S said...

Praying like never before!!! Thanks for sharing a way we can help!