Tuesday, December 1, 2009

coffee time

The unknowns are such a killer. My mind was racing around and I could feel myself getting very anxious. I was trying to plan out what I thought would be best and how "the end" might play out. I was thinking it would be cool to have Aidan home at the beginning of Christmas break so that during break the kids would get a chance to play with him...............then I was thinking maybe right before the New Years. And how should we handle Christmas parties...........and should I hope for "normal" holidays for Alyssa and Austin...........but I don't think life can be "normal" until after Aidan gets home. He's there.............on our mind................we're waiting............unable to plan............life is not normal while we wait. We're ready to get on with this. I could just feel my stomach being a bundle of anxious nerves.

so I stopped..........made some coffee............and had a date............
It was just me, my coffee, God and his word.

I didn't ask God to bring Aidan home in Dec., all I asked for was the ability to lay it all down. To feel His presence and be able to hand it all over to Him. God has a perfect plan..........a perfect timing. I don't have to worry about what is best for us, for the kids, or for Aidan. God knows what's best and it will all work out according to that plan. I just asked God for his peace and patience.
So I feel refreshed in Him. Yes---I still check the voice mail and email as soon as I walk in the house..........but deep down I know I have no say in when this all happens so why waste my time thinking about it. Deep down I think I know that my 6ish weeks can't be taken literally. It can be 3-12 weeks......so why try to plan.

i think we are going to enjoy the holidays with where we are at. I think I'd rather be pleasantly surprised and excited than to be disappointed and frustrated.

And as I was having my coffee time..........this is what I read......
6 so that from the rising of the sun
to the place of its setting
men may know there is none besides me.
I am the LORD, and there is no other..
.There is no one else----Only the LORD----YHWH---the keeper.
It's not by what man does.............only the Lord...........He is in control!!!

I am not anxious, my stomach is unknotted...........I love coffee time...........


1 comment:

Jaime said...

I love the way God speaks to us when we go to Him. Good for you for stopping the emotional train that had taken off and meeting with your Lord. Thanks for sharing your thoughts... it's good for all of us to read! Praying for you today!