Sunday, December 13, 2009

seriously.....

My eyes are a little more open to how socially unjust our culture is. I have a little gift bag to bring down to Aidan and Samar..........or have someone bring down for us assuming we don't hear anything soon....
but anyways.....I made a photo album for Samar and put a few treats in it, and thought I'd do one little toy like a polly pockets. Nothing too big since we'll be seeing her soon hopefully........but most importantly ----pictures for her to know we are her family and sending some love to her.
Ok............so........would you believe I couldn't find a single black polly pocket or barbie doll? Seriously..........
I looked at Target 3 different occasions, and at Meijers during one trip. Oh....they make them. At least barbies.............but they weren't hanging up........Seriously--- what does 30% of the population that is not Caucasian do? Wouldn't you want to buy a doll that looks like the child you are buying it for? Naturally I was looking for a doll that would look like Samar......and couldn't even find one.............what an injustice....disappointing.................and unfair...............makes me sad for the inequalities.......instead we went with a Littest Pet Shop-----something small.....just from us.......to her....

No comments: