Monday, December 7, 2009

IGBOK

Over the past 2 months it's been good meeting all our neighbors. On one side is a retired couple and as I was chatting with her I found out she headed up the English as a Second Language program at school for the past 20 years. I was thinking..."Yea!!....she might understand things that might be helpful to me...What a great neighbor to have for us God"....
Then I met another neighbor right next door. I found out she's a lower elementary teacher......teaching learning disabilities and special ed. My first thought was........."Ok Lord, I don't really want to get to know this lady....why did you move me next to her?......We may be feeling like you want us to have more kids...............but, really?........I do not want to have her be needed in my life......"
Well...........the kids got to know her after about 2 weeks. It didn't take long to find out she handed out popsicles......Yummmm.......but I still wasn't going to get to know her.....
She invited me to a holiday coffee time at her church last week. She was inviting other neighbor ladies, so I thought it would be a great time to meet others.
I'm SO glad I went. I'm so glad I've had a chance to get to know her. She's very friendly, very inviting, full of hugs, screams grandma all over---as all her kids live out of state......... and I would love to have my kids know her. What a blessing to live next to her...........God did know what he was doing as we moved here...........
Not only did I have a wonderful time meeting other neighbors, but we heard a GREAT talk........about holiday gifts...........one of God's gifts to us................

Jesus says, "I am leaving you with a GIFT---peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid." John 14:27 (NLT)

I could certainly apply that to my life. God has giving us amazing peace as we go through these LONG adoption processes............but even when I start to fret.............I know it's there......for me. I even looked around the table and thought about others circumstances........I thought about family members..or small group members........each and every person I know has stuff they go through......and the cool thing is.........God gives us ALL this GIFT!!!

The speaker summed it up by saying IGBOK--"It's going to be OK"

No comments: