Monday, December 14, 2009

by the way.....

Since you can't really read my mind.........I thought I better update you on our status :)
We've been able to process events----actually lack of events-----so we have changed....... and re-changed our expectations..........daily. But I know there are some of you who are anxiously waiting and praying for us to have our Dec. child yet, so let me just fill you in that.......... it's not going to happen this year.
Our first hurdle of a series of a few small hurdles was suppose to take about 2 weeks. Well, today came and went and it's been 4 weeks, and still no passport. So another hurdle that follows is suppose to be about 4ish weeks-------I guess I have it in my mind that it's going to take about 10 weeks....

Maybe by the time Aidan comes home, it will be just enough time for him to get to know us before he has to put us in the nursing home.....lol!!

Okay--so seriously back in Sept. I had a dream one night that Aidan was coming home in March. I could vividly recall everything. I brushed it off to absurd--and just a dream---but....I'm facing the possibility that it may be reality and not absurd...........so my new goal is that Aidan is home in March!! Okay---I really, really, really want to spend his 4th birthday with him in Feb., but I don't want to get any hopes up. I'm going with the dream............. I guess all we can do is keep on living and keep praying.................and clinging to God's promises that He will protect Aidan.........He will be his father while he has none.........and his life is in God's hand......
Ps. 68
5 A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows,
is God in his holy dwelling.
and
Deut. 10
18 He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the alien, giving him food and clothing.

3 comments:

Amy S said...

Thanks for the update. We'll keep praying for the last few hurdles to go quickly by so Aiden can be home with you! And praying that God keeps you guys strong as you wait, too! By the way... I loved your previous post about changing lives (in adopting, do you change a child's life or do they change yours?). I can totally relate because we've heard the comment so often, too, about Noah ("Wow... think of the life he would have if you hadn't adopted him."). But we know that God used Noah to change OUR lives, much more than the other way around. I can't imagine the life we would have without HIM. Anyway, I always appreciate your words and insight. (By the way... the new movie, "The Blind Side" uses that exact same phrase/thought... so very cool!).

Crystal Deters said...

Too funny. I often say our goal is to get Marcus home in time for him to go to Calvin. ;)

Marisa said...

Amy-
thanks for the movie tip. Movies are so not on my radar.........until they hit the library for rent :) so I hadn't heard about that one yet. But i checked out the trailer and it looks like a great movie. Can't wait to see it.
Marisa

and Crystal--you crack me up. Because Calvin is where any good "dutch" boy would go....lol!!