Friday, October 30, 2009

Now what?

You know I started this blog to keep friends and family up to date with the adoption. I thought maybe i'd have 20 entries within a big years timing and life would be good and Aidan would be home. Instead you get many many entries about how adoption has become part of every day life. Well I feel like I've hit a hard spot. As the summer came and went, I kind of keep different "goals" in my mind for when I might hear something. First we were occupied with moving, then it was just getting back into the fall schedules and school, and then I kept thinking we'll just make it til Paul is home from his China trip..........
well we've come and gone. I honestly can't say I have any other "goals" or routines to conqueror. Frankly---it's getting long and I JUST WANT SOME NEWS!!!!

As always, when I'm starting to need a pick me up, I came across something. I started a new bible study and these are the very words that were spoken the first night......................." If God has a mind to move in that office, He would. There is no place God cannot go."
Did you just read that? I've been so frustrated that we have stayed in our current stage for about 6 months, and it should have been about 3 months. So yes, I'm frustrated with "an office". And then I get sent this crazy message for me to hear-----I think it was specifically for me :)

So once again I have a great reminder that God is in control, and each day I need to bring it before God. I've been in this downward spiral of my prayers turning to pleading and convincing God, and I know that's not how God wants us to pray. I wanted to turn my prayers into praying for each area of the adoption process. Whether it be these very last stages or the very first stages for our 4th adoption, I just wanted to pray that processes can change, so they can process paperwork faster. Will you join me? I'm picking Wednesday mornings as my prayer time. Either right after I drop off the kids at school, or after my reading group commitments, but at some point between 8 and 12 I'd like to spend time praying for the process and I know many prayers can help, even a wednesday morning prayer on your way to work would be a blessing.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Praying with you, I know how hard this wait is! We must have been right along side each other, through this process, without knowing it.
Gwen
adopting Marie Mica

Crystal Deters said...

I will be with on Wednesday mornings.