Friday, September 25, 2009

Different

"I use to spend a lotta time worrying that I was different from other people..........but I found out everyone is different............We're all regular folks walkin down the road God done set in front of us. ........... Truth is.........this earth ain't no final resting place."

from a paragraph of Same kind of different as Me

This was an AMAZING book to read. It was a powerful story. I've read so many good books lately, but this is a must read. And I absolutely loved the above paragraph. Read it again and let it sink in a little bit............

Maybe you're like me. I am employed and have a job, but for the most part I am a stay at home mom. For this season of my life I need and love to be home, but i need to keep up my skills if I want to use it later in life, but I don't quite fit in at work with work place talk, but when I'm with other stay at home mom's I am a little different because I do still have a job I need to make time for and think about. I'm left feeling different............

Or eventually we'll have 4 kids and I can talk all day about parenting, but I don't always quite fit in when conversations turn to birthing stories. I have seen one of my kids' birth, but I didn't get to experience giving birth. And I wonder if it even crosses peoples mind that I'm different or if it's not even thought of.....

Or sometimes I don't have enough money to have the latest , but I have more money than someone else who is needing to downsize. I may want someone to go for a coffee, but my friend doesn't want to spend money on a coffee. Or another friend might want to go for a fine dine and shopping spree and I don't want to spend money on that. So once again you're left feeling like you're a little different.......

not quite fitting in with any particular circle.....................or anyone..............But we're ALL different. And I love the part that we're all "walking down the road God done set in front of us".......

AMEN!!!