Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Summer in Review....

I was feeling bad thinking about our summer..............at spring time I was thinking this was going to be the summer of FUN . The 2 kids are at GrEaT ages to do fun activities...........but our summer ended up a little different. We started with a flood in our basement and remained packed in boxes til we moved in Aug. I spent more time cleaning, working, and being over-whelmed than I did feeling like we had tons of fun. But then as I looked over all our pictures...............I realized we had ALOT of fun. We had lots memorable times. I may have been over-whelmed, but the kids were having a blast playing.

Highlight was a week of camping and playing with cousins. It was one of the few hot, beach times



Austin was quite the mechanic and cleaner of his scooter
Paul and his brother went camping with the kids-----and everyone survived :)
In fact Alyssa was introduced to bologna on that camping trip, and she loves it. So I've bought my first bologna this summer. The simple things......................

Catching turtles

This looks awesome, doesn't it?
Fun times!!
Dressing Bella up for 4th of July
Our new house---there is tons of excitement on our move and more to come in the future :)
Yes---lots of cleaning.......

But also lots of playing at the new house!!





Other highlights were planning and having a kool-aid stand, learning to tie our shoes, playing with friends, picking peaches----and of course getting cider donuts at the orchard :), a trip to Chicago, swimming...........going on vacation and on a few bike rides........Climbing sand dunes. Maybe we weren't at the beach as much as I thought I might be...............but I'm looking forward to fall walks and being outdoors. One of our last ventures this week before school starts is going to the beach and climbing Mt. Pisgah and eating at pronto pups..............we are so looking forward to that :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

my kids are soooo looking forward to it also!!!! I still have to eat at Pronto Pups :)