Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Misc. Updates and Happenings!

We have a new nephew in the family......Graysen Ryan.  Kendra is such a big sister now!  I just love it when babies are added to the family!  There is something about babies that make everyone smile :)

Austin is doing awesomely well for having his tonsils out last week.  He has that mickey mouse, squeaky voice going on which is hilarious to hear him trying to yell at his sister.  But he's a trouper.  He absolutely hates taking medicine, so he has refused any pain medicine after day 4.  He toughs it out with a Popsicle and jug of water.   But I think he's doing great........ he slept through the night last night, so we're on the right track!



For some reason Alyssa had something with April Fools Day this year.  She must have heard something about it and was talking about it for a couple weeks.  She came up with her own "schemes" to play on dad, and they were just hilarious.  I had to question where she came up with them...............but I didn't say anything.  She concocted some bogus looking juice and took a gulp of it and then walked over to Paul and "barfed up" in a bowl and pretended to be sick.  Of course Paul knew nothing about that she knew about April Fools so she got him good.  Then she sweetly says......April Fools!  It was funny!!  Then Austin joins right in.  See we were going to go out for his 'last real meal' and so I asked him were he wanted to go................he says "fricano's pizza" (dad's favorite) and Paul was like 'allll-right, now we're talking'..........but then you hear a 'April Fools"..................and of course we get McDonald's.  
So I decided to get the kids too................so before we left I had cut up some green and orange candy to look like peas and carrots, and I told the kids they needed to eat something healthy before we ate at McDonald's.  Alyssa, being such a health nut, digs right in.............she totally stops and was trying to figure it out.  Her taste buds just weren't connecting with her mind, but then I said "April Fools" and boy did I get them good!!!!!  They weren't expecting mom to play a joke on them--it was kind of fun...........I have idea's for next year already!!!

Other than the above, life just keeps happening.  We try to enjoy each day and have fun with the kids. 
 
I had my music going the other day and a song from way back when came up.............I Hope You Dance (Lee Ann Womack)  Some of the words are.........".when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.........i hope you dance".................

I didn't know country could be so inspiring but it just made me think about how life is not adventurous when you don't take chances.  Or to bring it a step further............sometimes to have an adventure in life you have to have FAITH..............
i remember when we were talking about adopting, and specifically international adoption.  I remember saying how our family was perfect with 2 kids...........................but I didn't want to look back in 10 years from now and wish we had done it because it would be too late at that point.  I didn't want to look at someone else's life who had adopted and wish we had jumped at the chance to open our hearts again.  So it was at that moment we decided to ..............'dance'.    And I am so thrilled we did.  

No comments: