Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Humbled

I am so amazed that God desires to have a relationship with ME.  It's like He's the one pursuing me all the time....I don't get it.  
I'm not going to beat myself up, but frankly I haven't had any routine lately and haven't spent time in devotions.  I hate it when that happens................when I'm walking with Him---I'm IN LOVE with Him............it's just so easy to get out of that routine.  Since I've slipped I've noticed that I want to be in control of my life......again....  This is how it's all gone down since good Friday..........
We went to good Friday service at church.  I thought it was great...........it really hit me...........we talked about barriers that keep us from God, and how when Jesus died all barriers were taken away so that we can come into relationship with Him.  It was set up that the "curtain" was torn apart and we could walk through and have communion at the foot of the cross.  It was just an amazing experience.  But as I reflected that evening I'd have to say my barrier is wanting things to go my way in life.  There is just many things in life that I want control of, and want to plan out.  I try to plan the future out for us..................and frankly it gets a little frustrating because this world just isn't cooperating with me!! 
And then we went back on Easter and wow!.....it hit me again.  Jesus took the nails in His hands...........for me.  Look at His scars.  And here I am trying to plan out my life....................but the important thing is to focus on Him. 
Okay----so that evening we were talking about it and I couldn't help but ask..............I know that life is going to be good, I know I have peace about life because God has led us this far----but what about the every day life?  I know everything will work out.................but what about the daily living and having a certain goal in my mind?..Sometimes action needs to be taken or decisions made each day..............so who's going to do that?  
It all started last night.  I was singing songs to Alyssa before bed and randomly without even knowing it I start singing..........."for I know, the plans I have for you............plans to give you hope and a future..........".........It surprised me.......The "freaky" thing about it..................the last time that song popped into my head was when I needed assurance that God was in control when we ended all our fertility treatments.  I honestly can't say I've sang that song since then...........It definitely caught my attention!!
So................here are random sentences of what I read today as I was 'catching up' in my devotions.
  • God's righteous rule applies to everyday living
  • He is obligated to keep us dissatisfied until we come to Him and His plan for complete satisfaction.....(I think wanting to be in control can also be equated with being dissatisfied)
  • God surpasses our dreams when we grab the hand of Christ and walk what HE chooses 
  • We are so caught up in building our own tabernacles that we miss God's glory right before us
  • Following God is not without pain..............but has purpose!!
  • We are wise to learn to walk with God instead of begging Him to walk with us------wow!!!
  • Undeniable link between blessing and daily walking with God..............okay--I got it!
  • Lamp to my feet---my immediate steps.......//...........and a light to my path----my future
  • If I want to have that light to my path for the future..............I need to be daily checking in
  • He's the ONE with the plan..............my job is to follow
Okay................. I think I got my answer from today's readings.........................seek Him DAILY. 
And then there was also this written "story" in my devotion book.................It's not referenced by anyone, it just has quotations around it so I"m not sure where it is from............................

"Imagine going to heaven and standing by God as He lovingly shows you the calendar of His plan for your earthly life.  It begins with the day you are born.  Once you received Christ as Savior, every day that follows is outlined in red.  You see footprints walking through each day in each week of your life.  On many of the days, two sets of footprints appear.  You inquire:   "Father, are those my footprints on the calendar every day and is the second set of prints when you joined me?"
He answers, "No, My precious Child.  The consistent footprints on your calendar are Mine.  The second set of footprints are when you joined Me."
"Where were you going, Father?"
"To the destiny I planned for you, hoping you'd follow."
"But, Father, where are my footprints all those times?"
He answers, "Sometimes you went back to look at old resentments and habits while I was still going forward, hoping you'd join Me.  Sometimes, you departed from My path and chose your own calendar instead.  Other times, your footprints can even be seen on another person's calendar because you thought you liked their plan better.  At other times, you simply stopped because you would not let go of something you could not take to the next day."
"But, Father, we ended up OK even if I didn't walk with You every day, didn't we?"
He holds you close and smiles, "Yes, Child, we ended up OK.  But, you see, OK was never what I had in mind for you."
"Father, what are those golden treasure boxes on certain days?"
"Blessings, My child, I had for you along the way.  Those that are open are those you received.  Those still closed were days you did not walk with Me."

So once again God pursues me and tells me exactly what I need to hear.  He has a plan all worked out.............I just need to trust and follow.............daily.  How is it that I hear exactly what I need to hear at exactly the right time?.............He's amazing.  And the best promise out there was no matter how long the detour has been, the return is only a shortcut away. 

No comments: