Sunday, April 19, 2009

Adoption Happenings......


What a fun surprise!!  I was checking out GLA's websight this weekend and there was a picture of our little boy in their Easter happenings!  Once again, it sounds like they really had a special day for the kids.  I am SO thankful for GLA.  I think they do a phenomenal job with the kids. It definitely helps to know Aidan is being taken care of during this time.  You can read the entire happenings at GLA, but I just loved the happenings of Easter morning.....................

"the usual group of 16 got dressed in their church clothes under Joyce’s direction and headed off to a church service with Edlyne and Nadege. While they were away the little kids had Sunday School here at the house lead by Sé Ketlie. This was one of my favourite parts of the day.   Sé Ketlie did a lovely job reading the Easter story out of the big Creole Bible and for the first maybe 6 minutes everyone, minus active Cindy Love, was paying attention... after that she continued to plough through serious about what she was teaching, while little pockets of children at each table tried to listen and others played with their fingers, twisted their tongues around in their mouths, and all in all were done listening. Until the praising started. Little tiny hands flew up in their air as these little children’s mouths started praising God and saying “Hallelujah” with their hands held high for Jesus.   If you have ever been to a Haitian church anywhere you know this is a big part of their worship and even the youngest at Toddler House of 16 months knows how to wave her hands in praise. Laura couldn’t help herself and stood right up on her bench seat trying to reach even higher. Their energy was infectious and their praise so innocent and honest. When service was over the little ones went outside for their Easter Egg hunt... "

..Isn't that AWESOME!!  Just to hear how they are praising God ........it gave me goose bumps to think about all these little kids participating in worship.......I LOVE it!!! And of course there were Easter egg hunts and fun.....................glad to hear they could have such a great day :)

When I sit down and actually let any info about Aidan get from my head to my heart..............oh it's so hard waiting for him to come home.  I can't even begin to describe it...............I could go on about how I wish I could have seen him worshipping, or how I would have loved to see him do an Easter egg hunt here, or eat candy with him......................but it's so much more than that. It's this longing way down deep...........so deep.  He's there..................we're here..............and we're not able to get him yet...............it's indescribable how much you can feel.  So I push those thoughts away and trust in God for peace, that's all I can do. 

On another note, Melanie---who sends our monthly updates, had been really sick.........Hep. A....so we probably won't be hearing much for the next 2 months.  Keep her in your prayers for a quick recovery.  I'm not sure if she's still in Haiti, but I'm sure it's a scary time just being ill.  And for prayers as everyone works together to care for the kids. I just really feel like they need prayers as adoptions have become so lengthy, and I know money is not readily available..............so I just ask that you lift of the orphanage and just pray for God's provision for them.  They are doing a wonderful job.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a handsome little man!!!

keri

Kristin said...

What an incredible blessing to know how well your son is being cared for, especially teaching him about the love of our Heavenly Father. Hang in there friend and keep trusting God...I know it's hard, very hard some days...feel free to "vent" and let it out anytime - I'm here for you. Hang to the verse in Habakkuk 2:3 "The message I give you waits for the time I have appointed. It speaks about what is going to happen. And all of it will come true. It might take awhile. But wait for it. You can be sure it will come. It will happen when I want it to." (NIrV)
Blessings, Kristin