Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Dreaming of that warm weather...........

I'm thinking this week about what 'could have been'...................as it's freezing cold here....................and I had my winter mittens out the other night to watch softball practice........................I'm thinking that was a bad change!!  Alyssa and I were going to go to Haiti (not adoption related) but that changed last month.  I was actually really looking forward to it.  I think it would have been really good and Alyssa even said she wanted to go back to her friends she met last year at a school we had visited.  I thought that was pretty cool that she said that.  So here we are dreaming about warmth....................as I'm making myself some hot coffe to get motivated in cleaning up today!!!
Yes ---we have plans for spring break-----but its on the other end of the scale........... Austin is having his tonsils out....................so I"m sure we'll be watching video's all day long. At least we can eat popsicles and dream of warm weather!!!!

And another thought about spring breaks...................................I'm thinking I am going to think twice about EVER planning a spring break trip. We all just recovered from the flu  from last week. And let me remind you, we went into last spring break with 2 of us sick.............and a couple of years ago we had gone to Florida and spent the week in ER with strep throat and ear infections. So maybe we aren't meant to do spring break ever!!................................Good luck to all of you who are venturing on a vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Amy S said...

Hope Austin's surgery goes well! We're right here with you... stuck in cold Michigan and dreaming of warm weather! I think we'll make a trip to Captain Sundae... even if it's snowing... and just pretend that it's warm. I'm sure we'll end up getting sick, too! :)

Lamplighter said...

Hi! Hope Austin did well, too. It's hard to keep kiddos down. I was wondering what day would be good to have Alyssa over. Does Wednesday or Friday work for you? You could drop her off mid morning and she could stay until 2 or 3. Let me know if that will work. josh-n@sbcglobal.net is my email.
Angie