Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow Day!!!

Oh NO----what about my party!!!!!!--those were the first words out of Alyssa's mouth. But after we got past that point, we're having fun having this catch up day.

In the mists of this crazy week, we got our update about Aidan. That is always such a nice surprise to get an email from our SW. He is too cute in the Christmas pictures, and it is good to see his smile! In fact, our update said...


"Every time I see Manuel these days, he has a grin on his face! Manuel is loving the toddler house and living there. Manuel enjoys spending time with his nanny, and I often see him close by her. Manuel also seems to really enjoy the little slides, and one day recently I saw Manuel going down the slide over and over to his waiting nanny! Manuel is surrounded by love and is a happy little boy. He and his perpetual grin are doing very, very well!"




So that was a highlight!!!
Although I have to admit, when we get the updates and see his picture...................I miss him more..................and have a little hint of frustration creep in about why the process takes so long. But, I guess I can't let myself go there and think about that. Although it's funny how our minds are. Even though I know the process, sometimes it's like these fantasy thoughts come into mind that we're going to get a call and Aidan's paperwork was hand delivered to all the various stages and he's ready to be picked up.......NOW!!!! Wow!! Okay--I know it's fantasy and would never happen, but it's all these things that cross our minds while waiting........

So back to reality. I feel like all the hurry, business wrapped up this week and now the fun starts. I hope you enjoy all your parties this season as well..

No comments: