Saturday, December 13, 2008

Manger scene from the heart

I absolutely love decorating the house for Christmas. It's a time of digging in boxes and checking out what you had in storage. I remember when Alyssa was 2, she would walk around with tinsel around her and just stay busy while I was putting lights on the tree. Austin's favorite part is hanging ornaments on the tree. For a couple years all the ornaments were at the bottom of the tree, but this year they are making their way to the top. Sigh---it's just a small sign that he's getting bigger.
As I was making supper one night the kids called me to the living room to check out their manger scene:

I love it!! It's so creative.......from the heart .......totally from a kids perspective. They wadded up lights for the manger, used some snow bears for Mary and Joseph and Jesus. There are 3 wise man (other stuffed animals) and 3 gifts of jewels laying by the manger and then there is an angel bear. Just a regular bear with fairy wings.

Isn't it precious? These are the things that make the holidays special. Just having fun...........
These are the precious things that kids do :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

o my goodness that is soo adorable!! wish Austin a happy birthday!

love,
allison