Thursday, February 10, 2011

paperwork shmaperwork

I really just wanted to update on our paperwork status. Yes......even after a year, we are still messing with paperwork. There is nothing easy about having name changes, date of birth changes, wrong addresses with the government, hunting down info, adoptions that were or weren't finalized.........and trying to keep it all straight. For the most part of the year, it's this lumming area of papers in my house, that I know are important, and yet have no organization to them. i'm so afraid to purge anything, because at times I just take the whole file where I go, but I know there is probably 3 or 4 copies of everything. So hence.......when I do need something........it throws me in a tizzy because I need to locate something..... or frankly..........it just throws me in a tizzy when I'm trying to fill out a new government form and have no idea what the world they want...............
aaaaahhhhhhh! But at last, we are seeing SOME light. Some. We are checking off major things and getting that much closer to locking the safe.....and never opening it again... ha!ha! ha! ..
for Aidan we officially have a birth certificate, a social security number, and we have a citizenship day scheduled for next week!!!!!
and for Samara..........we officially have a birth certificate and we just processed her social security number. So things are rolling!!!!! Her citizenship will be a ways out yet, just because of the different stage of adoption we were at............but I feel like some big stuff was accomplished!

So 3 cheers to where we are at! And hopefully next week we have some great pictures to post of Aidan--and the family, of course!

2 comments:

Amy said...

YAY!!!! This is so exciting!!

Belinda said...

Almost there :)!