Monday, January 31, 2011

down right cold

It's been down right cold. Too cold to play outside much. In December the kids couldn't wait to go outside after school and they would be out there for an hour most days.........but now, it hasn't been much fun lately with just "ice snow" out there.
So we've been up to.........swimming!!




I have to say it's been really good doing this. One or two of the kids mentioned wanting to try swimming out this past fall, so we did. We didn't get any passionate "YES--I want to be in swimming", but we didn't get any "NO'S" either. So we actually didn't sign up at first and were going to pass on it. But the week after the deadline, I got a lot of..........."can I play the computer?......or Can I watch TV?........or "can we see if friends can play?".......And I was thinking we made the WRONG decision about not doing swimming. So I called and they could still join..........so that is what we've been up to!! and since everyone is really at the same ability level, and they were all in the same age category..........it was kind of a ---all or nothing activity. If one goes, they all go. And they are ALL doing amazing!!!!!
I think it's been great for Alyssa and helping her manage time and get her energy out. It's wonderful for Austin that he's been sleeping well. and Samara has been amazing. She does great at swimming, so it's fun to see her doing something fun instead of trying to help her with homework all the time. It's just helped with some of the winter blues!!! AND, I feel like it's helped keep us all healthy...........so I don't think you can go wrong with swimming! and I love it that it's a team thing, and yet so individualized. Honestly there is so much competition with the kids, but in swimming--it's just about doing YOUR best! So 2 thumbs up to swimming this year. (as much as I loved it.........I'm looking forward to being done this week too :))



The biggest fan...........of the concession both!!


No comments: