Wednesday, February 23, 2011

better late than never.....



Happy Birthday Aidan!! He turned the big 4. He was pretty funny with his birthday. After making birthday treats for school, and having cake and birthday meal here, and birthday with cousins........he was totally into it. He would open his present up and say.....'no peaking at my present'...... He has such a humorous side to him.
His birthday is valentines day, and amazingly, it's just as hard as having the Christmas birthdays in the family. I made more a valentines dinner and had red and white stuff, and got all the kids some valentines candy and had that on their plates............so it was "hard" to focus on birthday, when it's so fun celebrating valentines with all the kids. Such is the hard life.......

As I am intentionally looking at pictures of Aidan over the last year, I realize HOW MUCH he has changed. Last year he was in complete shock, we barely celebrated his birthday. He had no comprehension of it when he first came home, and we just weren't handling groups, crowds of people or big excitement. I remember being "sad" for him last year just at the fact that he had no clue what was going on and that it was even his birthday. No comprehension of what it even meant. And now a year later..........he was so fun to watch. He knows EXACTLY what is going on. He wants every part of it and is like any other kid celebrating their birthday. full of excitement!
Seriously, I can't believe how this boy has changed. Often I don't realize it, because there are plenty of frustrations still........but that is for another post........but let me tell you how amazing he is.
A year ago:
said about 2 words total
stayed on our laps
sucked his thumb all the time
ONLY played on his own, in his own world

Today:
speech is still delayed..............but for the first time, and recently in the car for a second time---I felt like I wanted him to BE QUIET! (the first time he decides to sing and be loud was while I happen to stop and buy some new bras. So there I am in the store and just letting him belt it out because he had never done that before. I think everyone knew I was buying essentials!)

we were at a play area............and there he was, running around chasing with another boy who he had just met and started playing with. I about wanted to cry.

he interacts and plays regularly with other kids that are over

doesn't want to be all alone in a room

So, this was around Christmas. He was playing and singing around. I sneakily took the camera out, and was recording him. Just watch the progression as he realizes I'm taking a picture of him. At first he was just singing. Then he turns on his funny mode! Enjoy!









No comments: