Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What a great weekend!

*two days and NO kids
*3 hour drive in PEACE
*over 2 hours shopping at outlets by MYSELF while Paul was in a business meeting
*happy hour.......need i say more
* walking through IKEA with my hubby
*eating dinner and getting what WE want to get and talking adult language
*sleeping..........okay--sleeping was horrible as it was prom night in this town and foolish high schoolers were staying over in a hotel and awake til about 3 or 4am.
*waking up with no kids to tend to
*enjoying my COFFEE
*shopping at IKEA, and more shopping, and more.............okay I hate shopping, but it was with no kids!
*lunch with my hubby
*peaceful ride home

Last weekend we had a lovely weekend away. My mom offered to take the kids........boy was she brave!! Actually I think she was sick of seeing my messy house and not having a good place to put our stuff and organize it.. LOL!! We have this formal dining room, complete with chandelier that we'll use as a computer room yet we didn't have furniture for it when we moved so stuff is just kind of in there. Maybe having that room organized would help with the piles of papers stacked in the kitchen........???? But anyways, she didn't have to volunteer twice for us to make a trip out of it. :) And of course Paul always has to push the limits. A one day shopping to IKEA turned into an overnight so we could enjoy dinner and an evening and then that turned into another full day so that he could do some business while heading that way anyways...........So that is how we got 2 days!!!!! And let me tell you it was wonderful. I feel like there was this checklist in the back of my head of things I hadn't gotten around to running past Paul or talking about. So we were able to talk about stuff and just plain feel like you got a grip on life again.

I have to admit..........I HATE to shop. I HATE it, HATE it, HATE it!!!!!!!!!!! I would rather do without than to go shopping. I'm a visual shopper, like I have to see the whole picture and have it put together to make it look good. I'm not very good at being creative and making anything look good. So IKEA was a little overwhelming. I walked through once to just check it out. Then on the second time I started seeing things I liked. By the third time....................I realized I was seeing certian things I liked...........just put together in different surroundings. Okay----like the fourth time through I figured out what we wanted for this room. Poor Paul. Like between friday and Saturday I think we were at the store for like 6 hours. But I'd call it success!!!! We have stuff for like an office/kid room and I actually think it will look good!!! Now...............it will be a bit before it's all put together because the room needs a little TLC and painting. Current project is some outdoor stuff.............but eventually we'll get to it.............and we just couldn't pass up a weekend of going away when someone offered to take the kids so we could go shopping. Thanks mom and Lisa for being with the kids!

No comments: