Tuesday, April 13, 2010

spring break...

Lots of work.......


But also lots of play!!!






Over the course of spring break we began our project of putting dread locks in Samara's hair. There were endless hours of twisting, but we made it! It wouldn't surprise me if we had about 12 hours into it..........so any waking tv time was spent with me doing her hair. I was going to do it over the course of 2 weeks, but with a funeral we had to get it finished.

We also stayed at a hotel for night. This was lots of the fun for the kids. The funniest part was watching the kids run around with excitement before we even went. Alyssa and Austin were all excited and running around singing (or yelling) 'we get to go to a hotel!!!!!......we get to go to a hotel!!'..............and so therefore Samara and Aidan were running around yelling.......'we get to go to a hotel!!!! We get to go to a hotel!!!' It was just hilarious to watch them be so excited..........and not even know what they were excited for :) But it was a great time. We were with cousins so that is always a new adventure for the kids to run between the rooms. Samara LOVED the water. She was like a fish. We gave her a life jacket and she was good to go. Aidan.........well, let's just say.............I might not have to worry about him so much this summer with the pool. Here is two funny stories. I was in the water with him and he says to me..."Aidan go pee-pee" So of course we get out of the pool right away and go. He unloads and I know he's totally good to go for a while. The minute we get back in the pool...................Aidan looks at me with this grin and says to me, "Aidan go pee-pee". He is one smart kid..........he thought he figured out the words to "no more swimming"........but I wasn't falling for it
So I was laughing at that and telling Paul, so Paul says to him..."Aidan, do you like swimming, or do you like time outs?" Aidan says............."time out please!"
so that's where swimming ranks!!!!
although I have hope that he will like swimming, because usually whatever the big kids are doing........he wants to do too. :)

1 comment:

Belinda said...

Glad to hear you had fun over spring break - even if Aiden didn't like swimming :). Also, sorry to hear about your grandfather passing away. Hope to run into you in church one of these days! Blessings to your wonderful family!