Sunday, February 7, 2010

Accomplishment for the week

Life is starting to settle down a little bit. There are good days and times and challenging times. I haven't really collected my thoughts, but thought I'd post a couple pictures :)
First of all, Aidan and Bella are friends!!! This was a huge accomplishment and life has been going a little smoother---yea!!



Each day we see more of the kids' personalities. Aidan is starting to be more adventurous and run around the house without us RIGHT there. Samar is understanding most stuff, and each day speaking lots of english. Unfortunately her first 'sentence' is something like..........'mom, Austin took it away and is mean'..............what can I say...........

Another good picture was of Aidan and Alyssa. Not good............


Just a couple pictures of fun pj's they got.......




I catch myself just speechless for the path we have started on. I'm not talking speechless in a good OR bad way. Just speechless in the fact that having both kids home was NEVER on our "GPS" for this year. The fact that for the past 2 1/2 years we've been in this holding pattern and was expecting to be on it for another 1-2 years for Samar to be home. Instead here we are. We are a family! At last! I don't have to pinch myself...............because this IS real. Everything we've prayed and hoped for recently is happening. We don't have this thing "out there" that we're waiting for. We don't have to wonder about it.............we're living it. We don't have to guess what life will be like...........we know! Okay---it's CRAZY. It's HARD. There are bad times in this adjustment. There are challenges that I never knew I was capable of handling. But the good news is.............we are going to survive and THRIVE! God has a plan..............and we just need to keep seeking Him. There are lots of great stride each day that we can look back and see. Not only do the kids change, but we continue to change too.............to be the parents they need.

3 comments:

Amy S said...

You guys are on my heart and in my prayers often. You have a beautiful family and are doing a fantastic job as parents! Keep up the great work! I know it must seem crazy and overwhelming at times, but God will give you everything you need!

Lamplighter said...

Great photos - beautiful children! Praying for you guys!

DeLynn Unema said...

It was great to see you even for just a minute Sunday! (What a great day by the way!!) and neat to see ALL of you :) I'm sure this is a HUGE ajdustment and not easy at times. Just hang in there and know God has your back!! You guys are doing a good thing. These kids have an awesome future because you listened to what God wanted you to do. Our paths are not always easy but He said He'd be with us every step of the way. Keep doing the good work girl - it will be worth it!! Great new pics too... they are all so adorable!! Hope to see you again soon! ~delynn