Thursday, February 19, 2009

Own calling

I was having a conversation with someone about adoption. He was telling me about this family that was adopting an older child from eastern europe..........and how they already had 3 or 4 kids and this child would actually be the oldest. He was telling me about why they wanted to adopt and blah, blah, blah. Then as he was talking about the difficulties and adjustments, my mind started to wonder...........I was thinking.......... 'what was this family doing?'.........'why would they want to adopt older?'.............'didn't they have a fine family already?'..............'are they crazy?'............................BUT then my mind stopped DEAD in my thought process...........I think I'M a crazy person to someone else.............Of all people, who am I to think or judge what is right for a family. Of all people, I should know that their is no "perfect" family. After all...........according to the world---we had an ideal family........1 boy, 1 girl......and it wasn't meant for us to stop there..........shame on me for thinking that............I couldn't imagine life without Aidan.......

So, last week end I watched 'Sisterhood of the traveling pants'. That was the first time I saw it and I loved it!! I loved it that here are these 4 girls and they had this friendship and yet they were SO DIFFERENT.............isn't it sooo good when we can accept each other for our differences..............even our differences in what we consider a 'perfect' family..........sometimes it's hard not to judge................but I think God has a different calling for everyone's life........It's exciting to see where He leads each of us........don't you think!!!!

No comments: