Saturday, October 4, 2008

Kudos to Dad!!

We're back!! It was alot harder leaving Aidan than I thought it would be--even knowing this was just a quick trip---it's still hard to leave.
As we go through our pictures, we'll keep posting them for you. I just had to write a quick update about our last day there.
After breakfast we went to get Aidan to spent our last hour with him. I walked into his room and as soon as he saw me he came running for me and wanted to come. So of course we're all smiling.

After I had finished hugging on him and having Paul take our picture, I went to get him out of my arms and realized he had a dirty diaper---in fact it was all over.

Being out of the dirty diaper stage, my thoughts we "I'll have the nanny change him" but of course since he's by me....and is my son......I thought we better change him. So i got a diaper and wipes---and a new t-shirt and was going to start changing him. I didn't last too long. In fact I barely even started, I just smelled and started gagging. I about lost it so Paul had to change him. He cleaned Aidan all up and got him all dressed again. What a good dad!!!!!! Of course Paul is walking around saying...."who's your daddy???.......I'm sure I won't live this down.


3 comments:

Ryan said...

I was cracking up laughing, I even had to read it out loud to Ryan!!! Doesn't Kendra stink? And you don't gag? or does she sit in her stink all day and wait until Paul comes home so he can change her!!!

Anyways great pics!!!

Jamie

Crystal Deters said...

Wow, I am so jealous. Not of the diaper,but the rest sounds pretty good.
Crystal

Cheryl said...

Giardia makes the worst, smelly, poopy diapers in the world!!!! And the poop literally runs everywhere! After our kids came home, one of them had to be treated THREE times for it before it went away. And of course collecting samples to know if the treatment was effective means being much closer to the poop than you want to be.

Maybe TMI but it is reality in international adoption. :-)

Thanks for the update and the smile it gave me. ;-)