Friday, October 31, 2008

Keeping things straight!

I had a funny moment the other day. We had received our favorable paperwork in the mail after being re-fingerprinted in Sept. I was filing it away and making sure we had all the documents we needed and suddenly panicked that I didn't have one document in place. As I frantically was looking through them all I realized we have this new vocabulary that we're trying to keep straight. We filed our I-600 form, only to get this ACS notice of Action which is a I-797, but then when you actually get your favorable determination it's a I-171. And these are all from the USCIS, and we also had to do this I-600 Adjudicate Orphan first and this G-28 form and blah, blah, blah.....I was so confused once I was finished looking through this all!!!!! But needless to say, what I was looking for was right in front of my eyes.

Anyways....life is going smooth. We received our Oct. update on Aidan. While we were visiting at the first of the month we actually saw them taking these pictures, so they were no surprise........but still adorable--although we may be bias. Chicken pox is going around the orphanage, can you imagine that???? I'm sure life is hard for all the nannies and volunteers, and for the kids. So far we haven't gotten news if Aidan has them or not. No news is good news with
this I figure.

Well, off I go to get ready for trick or treating!! I'm sure you'll see pictures of it in a couple days:) I'm a mom of a witch and darth vadar for tonight!!!

No comments: