Monday, March 1, 2010

Many great firsts...

Each day is full of many first, there is rarely a dull moment around here...... I thought I'd just share some BIG highlights of recent.

This is just a great picture of all the kids!! We went and climbed all the steps at a local beach and walked along by the ice and coast line. The funniest part was seeing Austin jump off an ice burg into ankle/knee deep water and lay on his belly and act like he was swimming, snow pants and all. Who says there is no fun in the winter!!

Aidan and Samar had their first snowmobile ride!! Some friends called up and wanted to tool around with the kids. It brought back fun memories............Paul and I had gone on a snowmobiling trip with them-----this was pre-kids......so about 9 years ago!!! Anyways, what a blessing that they could share fun stuff around there house with us and just love on the kids. I think their daughter was on a snowmobile for well over an hour giving rides to them!

We had a gorgeous sunny day and snow is melting that the bikes came out!! They've been pointing to them in the garage all the time, so today they came down. Both the kids loved it!




And today was a BIG day for Samar. She started school :) She wanted to go so bad and she really loved it. On the way home her words were......"school is good. very. very. good."


She's really a very social person. I think she thrives in the school setting and she really loved her first day. I'm so thankful for that. I went with her just to help ease the transition and to communicate things that she needed help with. She is doing some kindergarten and some pre-school time. I'll be in with her during the kindergarten times since they are a little independent and it's a bigger class, but for preschool times she can go on her own. We'll just evaluate how it's all going after the first week or 2.

Another first.........a trip to the ER. This wasn't a good first. We woke up to someone falling down the steps. I think I jumped out of bed and made it down the steps the same time Aidan made it down the steps. He had walked to our bedroom in the middle of the night in previous nights, so I"m not sure if he thought it was our bedroom or if he was wondering around, but he ended up with a good goose egg on the front of his head. I could tell he was going to be okay, but wasn't sure if he was able to communicate if he was really hurting so we went into to ER anyways. And it all turned out fine.

I think we have a couple rocky weeks just figuring out the school thing. Paul is home with Aidan while I"m at school, so we don't have a lot of normal yet. But I really see the light that soon we may find a groove again. i don't think life will calm down soon because everyone is still needing full on attention, but at least we can function and Paul can have normal again soon. Is there such thing as normal for a mom????

No comments: