Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Life on a branch

“Even when I am unaware of it, God is sovereignly working out the details of my life for His glory.” .............................I think if I had to write down all the details that God has worked out in our lives, I would have to write a whole book!!
I couldn't get this quote out of my head as I thought about it this week. (we’ve been studying this and the life of Joseph at church) It’s not something that happened overnight, or in one event.............it’s been 10 years of God guiding us baby steps at a time. If I wrote it all down, wow, what a great way to let the kids know how faithful God is to us, and that He does have a plan for our lives!!! God’s plan for all our adoptions were because of His sovereignty being worked out in ALL the details. There wasn't a single thing that was missed, God has a masterplan. I’m not saying it’s been easy, but it sure is exciting and brings such joy!
One of my favorite songs is "Lifesong" by Casting Crowns. "Hallelujah, Hallelujah, let my life song sing to You!!" ................I came to the conclusion that I’d so much rather experience life hanging and swinging on a branch and watching God work out details in our life, than to cling to the tree trunk and have everything planned and working how I thought it should have been. There is no greater thrill!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

LOVE IT! I just LOVE how you process things : ) Thanks for always being so open